Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year.



I could say something ridiculously cliche, but I think I'll just leave you with this instead:

Please don't forget to eat breakfast. It's good for you, it really is. Especially if it's free pumpkin bread acquired from the neighbors. Did I mention we have wonderful neighbors? These particular ones happen to include a wonderful woman, who has been our neighbor (an entire 2 blocks away) for as long as I can remember. She taught me how to play the piano, and she filled my little childhood with joy every 30 minutes a week. She was a pretty awesome lady, who happened to give me stickers for playing a song correctly. I loved those stickers. They were my pride and joy. And, it gave me a good stock to trade with. Remember the days of trading stickers? It used to be the biggest deal ever at church. You were considered amazing if you got one of the big girls to trade with you.

That being said...it's all about the memories, kids! (sorry, I had to say it) Hope your last year was full of them, and you make lots of good ones in this brand new year!

"No, life can be understood flat on a page. It has to be lived; a person has to get out of his head, has to fall in love, has to memorize poems, has to jump off bridges into rivers, has to stand in an empty desert and whisper sonnets under his breath... We get one story, you and I, and one story alone. God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and resolution. It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it?" -Donald Miller,Through Painted Deserts"
Donald Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment