Monday, January 17, 2011

The Boyfriend sweater.

I've been on an embellishing kick for a while... it's about time to move onto something else. But, my poor sweater was in need of some drastic help!


I printed up a picture, and cut it out. This is the fun part..there's so many possibilities! I picked this bird, since I've always liked tops with birds on them. Don't ask me why. I don't know.


Then I simply traced the design onto a piece of knit I had from a worn out tee. Remember this, next time you spill spaghetti...all is not lost!


Cut it out and use Elmer's Spray Adhesive to stick your design onto your top. This takes some quick maneuvering, and a sheet of paper to keep from gluing your shirt closed. I'm sure you can manage it, though.


I also went ahead and hand sewed around the edge of the bird... just to make sure it doesn't fly away in the wash. ;)

Tada! I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment